Saturday, April 18, 2009

LEMONADE scones

OK I have a confession to make - I don't drink lemonade, therefore I haven't ever had any in the home to try this recipe! However, it seems very simple and it is in mum's favourites cookbook which means its been tried by someone in the family:


Combine 1 cup thickened cream, and 375ml can of lemonade. Fold into 4 cups Self Raising Flour. Cut into rounds and place on greased tray.

Bake in moderate oven 15 - 20 minutes.


By the way, if you do try it, please let me know how it goes ... the liquid to flour proportions seem right, the air bubbles should help raising, the lemonade would sweeten ... wondering if I should go and buy a can of lemonade just for the heck of it!

3 comments:

  1. I've made these before, after a friend who works for a catering company, told me they use this cheat version when they're under the hammer. They're sooo easy to make - I find Schweppes lemonade works the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Mel that is good news - I do something similar with beer to make beer bread for a BBQ - appreciate the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited to find your recipe online. A friend made similar scones for me a few weeks ago; her formula is 1-1-1 (1 cup each of SR flour, lemonade, cream). They were awesome, and proved to me just how authentic a quick fix can be.

    H :)

    ReplyDelete