Saturday, March 21, 2009

Pecan Slice

Someone gave this recipe a few years back. It's typed on a loose piece of paper sitting inside the cover of one of my notebooks. Sorry I can't remember who gave it to me or I would credit you! (let me know if you read this and I will credit you though...)

3/4 cup (110g) plain flour
1/4 cup (35g) self-raising flour
90g butter, chopped
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 cups (200g) pecans

topping:

60g butter, melted
1/3 cup (80ml) golden syrup
1/4 cup (50g) firmly packed brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons self-raising flour

Sift flours into medium bowl, rub in butter, stir in egg.

Press mixture over base of greased 19cm x 29cm rectangular slice pan.

Bake in moderate oven 15 minutes.

Combine all topping ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Sprinkle evenly with nuts. Pour topping mixture over the nuts.

Bake for further 15 minutes or until topping is just set. Cool in pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment